6.21.2010

Personal Response to The Mad Farmer Liberation Front & The Making of a Marginal Farm

The Mad Farmer Liberation Front is very interesting and made me think of a collection of poem I read by an ancient Chinese philosopher Zhuang Zi. Zhuang Zi lived about in the same time with Confucius. Zhuang Zi thought that people should be totally freed both inside and outside. I think the Manifesto: The Mad Farmer Liberation Front basically talks about the same thing. The writer's intent of this poem, I think, is to tell people should be mild and stay in harmony with nature. People should not be so anxious about life.
The Making of a Marginal Farm basically talks about the writer's own experience about building a farm all by himself, from the start to finally got the farm built. Its intent is to advocate farm life and a life that is ease with less worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment